- Rajkumar Hirani: Never Thought Nawazuddin Siddiqui Would Become Such A Huge Star
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanjay Dutt's Suicide Scene In Sanju: I Thought Through This Empathy Will Come
- Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju Wins 4 Awards At The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne!
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanju: If We Had To Whitewash Anyone, We Would Have Made Sanjay Mahatma Gandhi
- Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne 2018 Winners List: Rajkumar Hirani & Rani Mukerji Win Big
- Rani Mukerji, Vicky Kaushal, Rajkumar Hirani Kickstart The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne, Pics!
The teaser of Sohum Shah starrer Tumbbad is finally out and it looks like it is an interesting mixture of mythology and horror, leaving everyone with a spine-chilling experience. The teaser gives a glimpse of fantasy, action and frights. Aanand L Rai's directorial venture, Tumbbad is a thrilling roller-coaster ride that questions the roots of human greed while providing entertainment of the purest kind and will take the audiences to a magical world that is full of mysteries. Watch the teaser of Tumbbad below...
Also, Filmibeat had an exclusive chat with actor Sohum Shah about his experience shooting for Tumbbad, and the actor stated that he's thrilled about the movie and that he fell in love with the script immediately. Sohum Shah also opened up about nepotism and much more! Here's what the actor had to say about the whole journey!
1. How difficult was it for you to make a horror mystery like Tumbbad?
Tumbbad is not just a horror mystery, the movie is also filled with fantasy, thriller, drama and other things that will take the audiences to a world full of surprises. Thankfully, it wasn't difficult for me to make Tumbbad, as I fell in love with the script immediately. It's a meaningful film with larger than life characters and has a lot of emotions and drama. In fact, I've been impressed with these kind of movies right from my childhood. I've been very passionate about Tumbbad and thankfully, it was not difficult at all.
2. Tumbbad will open the Venice Critics week. How does it feel to be a part of this great achievement?
I feel overwhelmed and it felt as good as receiving an unexpected gift. It really came as a surprise to me. When the announcement was made, I was in absolute joy.
3. How did it feel when Sanju director Rajkumar Hirani called Tumbbad a "visually stunning film"?
When a big film-maker like Rajkumar Hirani appreciated Tumbbad, I felt like I've made a difference in the film world and his words brought me great positivity. I felt great when he tweeted about it and was overwhelmed when he appreciated my journey.
4. You've worked with Kangana Ranaut in Simran. What are your thoughts about the raging debate on nepotism? Do you support it?
Nepotism is there in every industry and not just in the movie business. I do understand that outsiders find it hard to get a break, but the fact is that nepotism exists everywhere. For example, take a family business, you inherit it from your father and continue doing it, it's there in every industry and sometimes you can't do anything about it.
5. You've worked with Irrfan Khan in Talvar. Are you in touch with him and have updates regarding his health?
As of now no, I have no updates on Irrfan Khan's health, but I do wish him a speedy recovery and that is what I pray to God for. He's an excellent actor and I wish he gets back and starts doing movies and entertain the audiences once again.
6. Do you have plans to star with other big Bollywood celebrities?
I'm waiting for Tumbbad's release first and the rest will be seen later. In fact, I'm working on two new scripts already and will let the public know as and when I lock the script. So stay tuned!