TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The Karnataka Chief Minister H.D.Kumaraswamy wants the present film industry crisis to end as fast as possible. This desire of the Chief Minister was expressed by him after he inaugurated the second Bengalooru International film festival at the Chowdaiah Memorial Hall on Thursday Evening.
Talking on the present crisis in the industry during his speech in the inaugural function, Kumara Swamy said the crisis in the film industry will have to be solved early with the intervention of the veterans in the industry.
The Chief Minister said that government can do whatever possible to resolve the crisis, but it is better for the industry veterans to try and settle the disputes internally. He mentioned that his Government will always come forward to help film societies and film organisations to organise film festivals.
The state government has donated Rs . 20 lacs for this year's festival and will continue to support the endeavors of film societies in future also, added Kumaraswamy. He also felt happy that the festival was in memory of Late Dr. Raj Kumar.
Well known film director and Member of Parliament Shyam Benegal hailed the efforts to Suchitra Film Society which is striving to bring awareness about good and committed cinema around the world. Girish Kasaravalli, the director of the Bengalooru film festival also spoke.
Tallam Nanjunda Shetty, President of the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce and Ms. Parvathamma Raj Kumar were the Chief guests of the inaugural function. V.N.Subbarao welcomed the gathering and thanked the state government for its support in organising the festival.