TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
52 films from 48 countries which come under the cream of international cinema will be featured in The Cinema of the World Section in the 37th International film festival in Panaji.
The inauguration ceremony of the festival which was a grand affair was held at the Football grounds of Panaji. Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor inaugurated the the ten day long event. A galaxy of stars from Bollywood and other regional film industries had participated in the event.
There was also a mesmerising solo performance by Actor-director and dance director Prabhudeva.
Well known actor Anil Kapoor, Bengali film hero Prasenjit and Telugu actor Venkatesh were present at the inaugural function. Bollywood actress Vidya Balan assisted in lighting the inaugural lamp. The opening film will be Volver by Pedro Almodovar from Spain while the closing film will be Babel by Alejandro Gonzalez Inaurritu of USA.
The IFFI will be paying tributes to Actor Prithviraj Kapoor and famous music director S.D.Burman who have made some glorious contributions to the Indian film industry. Mughal E Azam and Jewel Thief will be screened during the festival. The festival is also paying homage to eleven film personalities including Dr. Raj Kumar, Ms. Bhanumathi and Sri Vidya who passed away last year' added Pyaarelal. Bangarada Manushya will be screened on 25th November.
The mainstream Indian cinema section comprising twelve blockbusters of various Indian languages, will be inaugurated by renowned actress sridevi on 25th November and Aamir Khan starrer Rang De Basanti directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is the opening film of this section.