TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Veteran Kannada film actor Rajkumar today passed away due to a cardiac arrest in M S Ramiah Hospital where he was admitted this morning. He was 77 and would have celebrated his 78th birthday on April 24.
Dr. Rajkumar (Mutturaju Singanalluru Puttaswamayya) was born April 24, 1929 in Gajanur, Chamrajnagar, Karnataka. He was one of most popular actors of Kannada movies. "Dr.Raj" or "Annavru" (big brother) to millions of his fans was sometimes called the John Wayne of South Indian cinema. He had acted in more than 200 movies over 45 years in Kannada. Bangaaradha Manushya (The Golden Man), Kasturi Nivasa, Gandhadha Gudi (The Temple of Sandalwood) and Jeevana Chaitra are some of his popular films. He was also a well-known singer.
He is survived by his wife, three sons and two daughters.