TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Filmmaker Omkar B. has made a film based on the life of Sri Shivakumara Swamiji, senior pontiff of Sri Siddaganga Mutt and the importance of the Sri Siddaganga Kshetra in Tumkur. The movie, titled Jnanajyothi Sri Siddaganga, highlights the importance of the Sri Siddaganga Kshetra that has been operating since 700 years.
The Mutt houses more than 8500 children of the age group 5 to 16 and is open to children from all religions, castes and creeds. The 101-year-old saint, Sree Shivakumara Swamiji has devoted more than seven decades of service to humanity, helping the poor and the downtrodden. He does not believe in any religion other than the religion of humanity. Mahanthappa produces the film.
The audio release function of the film was held recently at the Mutt premises, which was attended by a large number of people including Dr. Vishnuvardhan, Bharathi Vishnuvardhan, Master Kishen, Lakshmi Devi, Dodanna, Srinivasamutrhy, Suchednra Prasad and others.
The movie includes nine numbers sung by Dr. SPB, Shankar Mahadevan, Shamitha, Yuvaraj and others. The movie includes one song, featuring about 20,000 children, shot at the Mutt. These songs, penned by the director himself also feature Master Kishen and veteran actor Dodanna.