TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Filmmaker Omkar B. has made a film based on the life of Sri Shivakumara Swamiji, senior pontiff of Sri Siddaganga Mutt and the importance of the Sri Siddaganga Kshetra in Tumkur. The movie, titled Jnanajyothi Sri Siddaganga, highlights the importance of the Sri Siddaganga Kshetra that has been operating since 700 years.
The Mutt houses more than 8500 children of the age group 5 to 16 and is open to children from all religions, castes and creeds. The 101-year-old saint, Sree Shivakumara Swamiji has devoted more than seven decades of service to humanity, helping the poor and the downtrodden. He does not believe in any religion other than the religion of humanity. Mahanthappa produces the film.
The audio release function of the film was held recently at the Mutt premises, which was attended by a large number of people including Dr. Vishnuvardhan, Bharathi Vishnuvardhan, Master Kishen, Lakshmi Devi, Dodanna, Srinivasamutrhy, Suchednra Prasad and others.
The movie includes nine numbers sung by Dr. SPB, Shankar Mahadevan, Shamitha, Yuvaraj and others. The movie includes one song, featuring about 20,000 children, shot at the Mutt. These songs, penned by the director himself also feature Master Kishen and veteran actor Dodanna.