TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 19, 2007
Kuthu Ramya alias Divya is very happy now after listening to the positive talk about her Diwali release Pollathavan in which she acts with Dhanush. With the success of the film, the actress is now praising Tamil directors and producers and at the same time coming down heavily their Telugu contemporaries. When asked the reason for her outburst on the Telugu Film Industry, she said that Tollywood is driven by superstitions and blind beliefs, which is not the case with Tamil and Kannada film industry.
"That is why I'm not interesting in Telugu nowadays. For me, Tamil films are more important. There are plenty of talented artists and technicians here. No doubt, Chennai is the capital of South Cinema. Tamil people know how to encourage a talented artist. The only hang up is that they give everyone titles with their real names. I'm not Kuthu Ramya. Now I'd changed my name as Divya and the new name also worked out well (what kind of belief this is!). And this is why I have many new offers in Tamil and Kannada", Ramya - sorry Divya - says!
It may be recalled that a few months ago, Divya played the heroine's role in a couple of Telugu movies. They didn't run well at the Telugu Box Office. After they failed people in Tollywood land labeled her an unlucky artist. . Not only Tollywood but also most of the film industries are driven by blind belief. Success is the only mantra, which comes to any artist's rescue in these kinds of circumstances.
At present, Divya is busy shooting for Goutham Menon's Vaaranam Aayiram opposite Surya. She is also eagerly waiting for the release of her Thoondil for which she has donned a downbeat role. This actress has also signed a Kannada film with Prabhu Deva where she will be spotted in the role of a commercial sex-worker under Santosh Sivan's direction.