TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
M.P. Shankar, Kannada film industry's popular actor and producer who was committed to making films on forest and wild life, is now energetically fighting a big battle to save his life from pancreatic cancer. He is full of energy and hopes that he will emerge victorious in this battle.
“I am a firm believer in god. Shivappa will certainly help me in this hour of crisis. I have not lost hope and am fighting every inch to save my life. I will be ready to face camera and even produce a film on wild life within a few days", he confidently asserted sitting on his bed in Room no 116 in Janardhan Hotel. He is now under treatment for pancreatic cancer for which he is undergoing treatment in the Curie Institute of Oncology, St. John's Hospital.
At the same time, he is upset with a section of media which described his condition as pitiable and that he was in dire need for monetary help. "I don"t need pity or sympathy. I have not begged for monetary help also. What I need is a little bit of encouragement in this critical phase I am facing. I may not be the first person or the last person to have been affected by this decease. But I will not take lying down and fight. My numerous fans and well-wishers are there to bless me' says Shankar.
His pride and self respect is still there and he showed lot of courage during a meeting with him on Sunday morning. But we were sorry that this gentle giant, who contributed so much for the Kannada film industry, had to face this health problem at this age when one needs to take rest and recoup.