TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Nanjunde Gowda started his career as a journalist working as an assistant editor in Lankesh Patrike. He has been deeply interested in literature since his childhood and the passion in writing took him to journalism. He always took interest in fighting for the people oriented issues. Then his association with the theatre made him to swithc over to films. He assisted directors like K.Balachandar and Nagabharana for some time after which he made and directed a very neat and progressive film Sankranthi which brought him lot of laurels. Sankranthi was a neat blend of a good story line with both artistic and commercial values. The film obtained the third best film award from state award besides winning awards for Saritha as a Best Actress and Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar. And then he made commercial films with artistic values selecting popular stars in films. His next films were Amaanusha with Anant Nag and a children film called Chukki Chandrama which was an inaugural film in International film festival held at Hyderabad.
Nanjundegowda shows deep interest in making Children films and is also heading an organisation to promote Children films. His recent film Aa, AA, I, Ee was also premiered in Children festivals.
Meanwhile he also made some significant films like Navathaare in which many well known cricketers from Karnataka had acted including Internationally acclaimed G.R.Vishwanath. Now, Nanjunde Gowda has made Naanu Neenu Jodi with Vijaya Raghavendra and Madhumitha in the lead. Though he does not like to say anything about the story of the film, Nanjunde Gowda says that the film has a message and its narration will be a hundred percent entertainer. "I have focused more on comedy in this film. Hitherto my films did not have a bigger space for comedy. But in this film I have attempted to entertain and also send a message to the audience' says Nanjunde Gowda.