TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, 29, November, 2007
Kuthu Ramya alias Divya has rejected an offer to be the lady love of a Chief Minister of Karnataka recently. Don't go to an extreme and it was not happened in her real life, but only in reel! Mukya Manthri I Love You is a Kannada film launched recently under the direction of Ravi Belegere, a journalist turned director. This is the film based on the recent political happenings and dramas in Karnataka and Ravi himself plays the role of the CM in this film.
According to the actress, Ravi had initially approached Divya to do the role of Anitha, the lover of the CM in the film. But after hearing the complete script she rejected the film to avoid any controversies. Divya says in Chennai, "I don't want to become the centre of controversies by acting such political films. My aim is clear and I'm always like to appear in clean entertainment movies like Polladavan.
After my denial for Mukya Manthri I love you, somebody intentionally spread rumours that I had sidelined Kannada films and giving more importance to Tamil. It is baseless and still I'm having 2 films in Kannada. My only aversion is Telugu films and I had decided not to perform in any Telugu movies in future…"
Cool Divya, it is all in the game!