TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Monday, July 16, 2007
The Kannada film industry is on the threshold of breaking a new ground in film making and choosing variety of subjects for stories. But it has its share of controversies as well.
The latest controversy that is being hotly discussed is the way Actor-Producer Vishnukanth has been shunted out of his own dream project Manasugala Maathu Madhura which had U2 Anchor Anand and actress Haripriya in the lead.
Vishnikanth's portrayal of Dr. Ambedkar's role in the film with the same title had won lot of laurels for him, but now he is in the receiving end as the whole project has been taken over by Financier Srinivas. And sources say that both Anand and director Manju Maskal Matti have joined hands to ensure that Vishnukanth is out of the project. But Vishnukanth does not want to share any information about the humiliation heaped on him. I am on with my next project and I have put behind all the things that had happened during the making of Manasugala Maathu Madhura which led to me coming out of the project' he says.
Manasugala Maathu Madhura is almost complete with only some patch work and shooting for four songs to be done. This unsavory controversy has come at a wrong time for the film. We had heard of directors being replaced after some shooting, but now there is a strange case where even the producer has been shunted out of the project he had conceived.