TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Puneet Rajkumar had two hits -- Arasu and Milana -- in 2007. Both films completed centuries. Puneet has also signed several good films in 2007. Debutante Vijay rose to fame with his first film, Duniya, directed by Soori. Though there were high expectations from his next films, Chanda and Yuga, they failed to fetch the desired results at the box office. Vijay's much-anticipated Avva, directed by Kavitha Lankesh and produced by Pyramid Saimira, is completed and is expected to release this year.
Prajwal Devaraj's performance in Sixer and Geleya, Chetan's performance in Aa Dingalu and Prasanth's performance in Orata I Love You earned good appreciation for them.
Superstars did not have a very good year, as expected. Dr Vishnuvardhan and Darshan starrer Ee Bandhana, Upendra and Darshan starrer Anatharu, Shivrajkumar's Santha were average grossers only. Pallaki, starring Prem of Nenapirali fame, was another average grosser; his two other films, Savi Savi Nenapu and Gunavantha, flopped at the box office. Sudeep's No. 72 Shanti Nivasa could not make it big at the box office.
The other stars who did not deliver any notable films this year include Ravichandran, Jaggesh, Saikumar, Vijay Raghavendra, Murali, Vindoraj, Ajay, Aniruddh, and Mayur Patel.
As for actresses, Pooja Gandhi had two big releases this year, Milana and Krishna. Other actresses who got good appreciation for their work include Jennifer Kotwal, Rashmi of Duniya fame, Sharmila Mandre of Sajni and Amulya of Cheuvina Chittara.