TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
Senior Kannada actress Arundhati Nag has won the 'Best Supporting Actress' award at the '57th National Film Awards 2009-2010', which were announced on Wednesday evening in New Delhi. This National recognition comes to Kannada theatre artiste for her wonderful performance in Amitabh Bachchan starrer Blockbuster Bollywood movie Paa. This Award includes a Rajat Kamal and Rs. Rs 50,000 amount.
The wife of late Kannada actor Shankar Nag has played Vidya Balan"s mother and grandmom of Auro"s (Amitabh Bachchan) in the film Paa. Her role is totally different from usually granny. She is an unbelievably loveable grandma of Auro, who naughtily calls her 'Bum'. She has put the confident act in her role. The scenes between the nani-pota are very real and heart touching.
Arundhati Nag's role in the movie Paa has attracted rave reviews from the Bollywood critics. Earlier, she has got the 'Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress' for her acting in the R Balakrishna directed film Paa. Her name was even nominated for the 'Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award' for the same role. Now, the latest award from National Film Award is a great honour for the Kannada actress.
Arundhati is the founder and the Managing Trustee of the 'Sanket Trust', which was established in 1992. Basically, she has been involved with multilingual Theatre in India for over 25 years. Besides this, she has also acted in several TV serials and Kannada films. She has bagged the 'Best Supporting Actress' in 'Karnataka State Films Awards' for her performance in Shivaraj Kumar's Blockbuster Kannada movie Jogi in 2005. She has also been honoured with the 'Sangeet Natak Akademi Award' for her theatre acting in 2008.
We at Oneindia congratulate Arundhati Nag for winning the 'National Film Award'.