TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Dr KV Puttappa"s 1926 children play Nanna Gopala will be getting a silver screen version after being staged 361 times in different places. Dr. KV Puttappa is a national poet, Karnataka Rathna, Jnanapeeth Award winner for 'Ramayana Darshanam".
It will be produced and directed by writer Lakshman who made Masanadha Makkalu, a children"s film on the fate of children in the grave yard, has collected Rs.19 lakhs for Nanna Gopala. He will be making it a period cinema. The locations selected for the film suit the pre-independence theme of the movie. Marimallaih, one of the board directors of the Bharath Cooperative bank, has helped Lakshman to gather the money for the film. This film started rolling on Monday morning.
Member of Parliament DB Chandre Gowda of BJP is appearing on the silver screen for the first time along with Congress I MLC Motamma, Justice AJ Sadashiva, and Prof. Doddarange Gowda. The film moves around three persons and 22 children. Actress Shruthi is playing the widow mother; Master Anilkumar and veteran actor Rajesh are playing the Guru"s role.
Rajesh accepted this film only because of his respect for Rashtrakavi Kuvempu. Rajesh remembered the days when he met Dr Kuvempu while he was in Jayalakshmipuram in Mysore. MS Maruthi has scored five songs for the film.