TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Amarinder Singh: ISI Masterminded Amritsar Attacks!
- Rupee's Recovery To Two-Month High Leads Fall In IT Shares
- New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Launched In India
- Flipkart Mobiles Bonanza Sale 2018
- Deepika And Ranveer 's Latest Wedding Pictures Become Memes!
- #SocialForGood – Activism And Awareness
- The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
Real Star Upendra's political satire Super will be screened at fourth Bengaluru International Film Festival (BIFF). Along with the Uppi's blockbuster flick, a total of 20 other Kannada movies like Puttakana Highway, Rasarushi Kuvempu, Bettada Jeeva, Nanna Gopala, Gandhi Smiles, Hejjegalu, Prarthane, Shabdamani, Olave Mandara, Chintu School, etc., will be premièred at the event.
“The organisers make it a point to add a new theme every year and we've zeroed in on 'political cinema' for this festival," Mr HN Narahari Rao, artistic director of the festival, said at a press conference. The fourth edition of the film festival is jointly organised by the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and Karnataka Government's Information department.
The event starts from December 15-22 and 179 movies from different languages will be screened at BIFF, says TS Nagabharana, Festival Director. Political-backdrop movies like The Battle of Algiers (Algerian), Z (French), Thaneer Thaneer (Tamil), Lemon Tree (Hebrew) and others will be screened across four venues in Bengaluru.
However, Upendra acted-directed Super was made on the contemporary political issues of Karnataka. The saga throws light on mining scam, horse trading, sex scandal, etc.