TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Director AMR Ramesh is better known for the Kannada movie Cyanide, which is based on Rajiv Gandhi assassination. Now, the director is coming back with another real-life incident in his next film Veerappan Attahasa. His upcoming flick deals with the kidnap drama of late veteran Kannada actor Dr. Rajkumar. The movie went on the floors at Ramesh"s residence on June 29.
Dr Rajakumar, his son-in-law SA Govindaraju, Nagesh and assistant director Nagappa were kidnapped by poacher and smuggler Veerappan on Bheemana Amavasye on 30th July 2000. Late Padma Bhushan was kept in the dense forest for 108 day until Veerapan's demands were fulfilled. Govindaraju was released on the 68th day on health grounds, while Nagappa Maradagi escaped from his clutches.
Now, AMR Ramesh is bring this whole drama on screen. Bollywood actor Suresh Oberoi will play Dr Rajkumar in the movie Veerappan Attahasa. Veerappan's associate Shivakumar, who was freed from punishment, is now reprising the same role. Arjun Sarja and Ravi Kale will essay the role of real life police Vijayakumar and Sandamarai Kannan in the film, which will have Yuvan Shanker Raja's music, Dilip Subbaraya's stunts, Vijay Milton's camera work, Antony's editing.
However, AMR Ramesh has proved successful in his attempt in the movie Cyanide. Although his next film Police Quarters got rave reviews from the film critics, it failed to do well at the Box Office. Now, it should be seen whether Veerappan Attahasa, which is a bilingual movie made in Kannada and Tamil, will bring back his lost glory in the film industry.