TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
The statue of late Kannada actor Dr. Vishnuvardhan, who died of heart attack in Mysore on 30th December, 2009, has been unveiled by his close friend and comedian Dwarakish at Laggere in Bangalore. This is the first statue of Dr. Vishnuji in the city. It is made of fiber and is about three feet height.
Mr. Lokesh, the president of the Kadamba Kannada Yuvaka Vedike, has donated the money for creating the statue of Dr. Vishnuvardhan. A sculptor named Shivakumar has evolved it in three months time. Dwarakish was very emotional as he unveiled the statue of his best friend.
However, the first statue of Dr Vishnu was installed at Bellary district in Karnataka. Immediately after the death of the Sahasa Simha star, the government had promised to create a memorial in his name. Although 18 months have passed after the promise, the Vishnu's memorial still remains a dream.