TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Pooja Gandhi's Dandupalya has been drawing the attention of the audience for its controversial content on the real life story of a gang of ruthless vampires. Especially, the film became the talk of the town after the actress went topless for an important scene in the upcoming Kannada movie. Now, these are becoming hurdles for its release.
A social group named Bahujan Samaj Horata Samiti is strongly opposing the release of Dandupalya claiming that the movie not only shows a woman in a bad taste but also the content of the film is highly objectionable. In fact, it has demanded the state government and the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce to ban the film, as the film pollutes the minds of the youth.
Adding to that several organisations have also opposed the title of the upcoming film and have written to the KFCC to change the title of the film. However, the makers of Dandupalya are adamant to change the title of the film.
Dandupalya is based on the real life incidents of notorious gang named Dandupalya – a name of a village situated on the Bangalore-Chennai National Highway four. They spread terror in and around Bangalore by slitting the throats of women and the aged and then robbing them.