TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
If reports are to be believed, the theatrical rights of Varadanayaka for the regions like Bangalore, Kolar, Tumkur, Mysore and Hubli have been sold. While Bangalore, Tumkur and Mysore regions have fetched Rs 3.5 crore, Mysore and Hubli regions have fetched Rs 1.5 crore each for the producer.
Producer Shankare Gowda is yet to sell a few small regions and it is expected to garner two more crores. The television rights of the movie has been acquired by Suvarna for Rs 2.25 crore, which will end up fetching Rs 10.5 crore even before the release.
An industry insider says that the producer is now safe and has made huge profits with Varadanayaka. If marketed well, the film will undoubtedly be one of the highest grossers of 2012. The movie will hit the screens in the first week of December.
However, Varadanayaka is a remake of Telugu film Lakshyam. The forthcoming film stars Chiranjeevi Sarja, Sudeep, Sameera Reddy and Nikeesha Patel. It is directed by Ayyappa P Sharma.