TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
A source, on the condition of anonymity, has said that Godfather has done better business than Uppi's Katari Veera Surasundarangi (KVS) in the first weekend. "It has collected close to Rs 3 crore in the first weekend and it means Godfather got a better opening than KVS."
He further adds, "On Friday, it raked in just above Rs 1 crore with an average of 85% occupancy in most of the theatres. But the collections dropped on Saturday and it managed to earn around Rs 85 lakhs. However, the movie collected Rs 1.05 crore plus on Sunday and ended the weekend on a good note at collection centres."
The source concludes on the note by saying, "Godfather did better business at single screens than multiplexes, as the movie is yet to pull the family audience. The multiplexes witnessed around 50% occupancy on Friday, 60% on Saturday and Sunday."
The movie, which was released in above 130 screens, stars Upendra, Soundarya and Catherine in the leads. Godfather has a good story backed with Uppi's different avatars.