TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
The film was released in over 120+ theatres in Karnataka on July 19. The film has been overwhelmingly welcomed by audience and Yash's fans all across the state.
Producer Jayanna, who has once again tasted success with Yash, is on cloud nine with Googly doing such a business at Kannada Box Office. Speaking to Oneindia, he shared his happiness and excitement.
"I'm happy because our movie has been well-received by audience. In one word, it has done 'brilliant' business and I could not have expected more than this from audience," he said.
He explains, "Googly has approximately collected Rs 7 crores. As I released the movie on my own, I'm in profits already." Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Good Opening For Googly
Googly got a great start on the release day. It earned more than a crore on the first day. Especially, in Bangalore, Mysore and Mandya, the film received good response.
Adding to that the satellite rights have been sold to a leading channel for a fancy price. Sources say that it is the highest-ever price for a Yash movie.
Udaya Bags Googly
The source explains, "Udaya TV has acquired the rights for Rs 2 crores, which is the biggest ever for a Yash movie. The producer would have got more price if they had sold the rights a month or two before the release."
Price Of The Satellite Rights
The source adds, "The deal was struck some eight months ago. So, Udaya TV negotiated and paid Rs 2 crores. Looking at the success of Googly, Yash's price would reach close to Rs 3 crores for the satellite rights of his next movies."
Googly Hit Among Youths
Googly hase been mainly liked by youths. In fact, urban audience and college students are repeatedly watching the movie.
Googly, Pawan Wadeyar Movie
Googly is directed by Pawan Wadeyar of Govindaya Namaha fame. The film stars Yash and Kriti Kharbhanda in the lead roles.
What's Working For Googly?
The youthful contents, brilliant performance of Yash and Kriti and their chemistry are the plus points of Googly.