- Sudeep Joins The Shoot Of Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, Praises Chiranjeevi
- The Villain: The Teasers Of Sudeep And Shivarajkumar's Film Are Terrific
- Mohanlal's Neerali: Is Sudeep A Part Of The Movie?
- Raju Kannada Medium Review: A Feel Good Movie
- AMAZING! This Is How Kichcha Sudeep Is Preparing For His Role As A Boxer In PHAILWAN!
- Here Are 7 Reasons Why We Think Prem's The Villain Is A Must Watch!
The title of a film is very important. The producer and directors go on endless search for an appropriate title for every movie they release. The bigger the production value, much more important is the title of the movie. Therefore a lot of producers register titles for films to protect their ideas. Sudeep's next movie Ranna will be a high profile movie. The producers were in search of a name that would suit the film and Sudeep's image.
Initially, the title Ranna was registered by Devdutta, the director of Psycho. Initially he agreed to give the title without any recompense. The producers were about to unveil the title on Sudeep's birthday. However, a day before, Dedutta demanded an amount of 5 lakh for the title.
The producers till the last moment were unwilling to meet the demand of 5 lakh and wanted to go with the title Bhargava. But, with a last minute deal, the title was purchased for 3 lakh. With the heavy price being paid just for the title, the producers will have to bring in more resources for filming and promotions.
In 2011, Sudeep super hit movie Kempegowda's producer, Shankare Gowda had claimed that he had paid 18 lakhs for the film title to Soorappa Babu. The latter however, denied such claims. He said the money was paid for the purchasing the remake rights.