- Whisper: A Suspense Thriller Laced With A Strong Message
- Today’s(Oct 21) Kannada Releases - Rama Rama Re And Seetha Nadi
- Kahi Gearing Up For Release In November
- 3 Kannada Movies Set To Clash At The Box Office This Week
- WATCH: A Tribute To 'Rashtrakavi' Kuvempu By Young Kannadigas Goes Viral!
- Tulu Movie 'Chaali Polilu' Celebrates 200 Days! Big FM Congratulates The Team
Regional Censor Board took a landmark decision on October 29th. The board has announced that henceforth the movie makers can submit the their movies for certification in DVDs. The norm was to submit the movie's physical print.
Over the past few years, with digitalization, all the movie makers are now making movies in digital format. With no physical print available, the producers had to upload the movie to a digital broadcaster like UFO or Cube. Only then could the movie be screened for the censor board members.
The catch here is that this had to be done in Chennai or Mumbai. Thus the producers would incur extra cost in traveling. After the censor board gives directions for cuts, the producers had to again screen the movie to them, before it could be released.
This whole exhaustive process would cost anything north of 1 to 1.5 lakh rupees. However, now the censor board has decided to accept the movies in DVD format. This will save a lot of money to the producers. Only after the movie has been censored, will it be uploaded with the satellite broadcaster.
This is a wonderful decision which will help the short budget movie makers.