- WOW! Dr. Rajkumar's Grandson, Dheeren Ramkumar To Make His Sandalwood Debut Soon!
- International Yoga Day Special - Dr. Rajkumar's Affection To Yoga
- A Photo From The Audio Launch Of The Movie 'Om' Goes Viral
- Why Did Dr. Rajkumar Apologise To S. P. Balasubrahmanyam?
- Thoogudeepa Srinivas' Gratitude Towards Rajkumar's Family
- Varadappa, Dr. Rajkumar And Parvatamma Rajkumar Died On A Wednesday!
On Saturday November 29th, a grand cultural event was organized to commemorate the inauguration of Dr Rajkumar memorial. The 'Amara Jeevi Dr Rajkumar' night was arranged by the State Govt and KFCC in the Palace ground in Bengaluru. The whole event was primarily sponsored by the State Govt.
A controversy over the spending and revenue earned has erupted with regards to the event. Inside sources claim that the satellite telecast rights of the show was sold to a private network at the cost of 3 to 3.5 crores. This has created a furore in the industry.
Director Teshi Venkatesh, representing the Kannada Film Director's Association, said that, from the very first meeting they were opposed to the idea of selling the telecast rights of the show. He said to a leading daily,"Rajkumar belongs to everyone. Every Kannadiga should have the opportunity of watching this programme and it is sad to see Rajkumar's name is being used for commercial gains."
There are no clear details about how much money was earned through the event. Therefore, the director's association have decided to ask the State govt and the KFCC to come out with complete details about the earnings from the event. This seems like a controversy waiting to erupt.