- Johnny Johnny Yes Papa Review: Watch It If You Have Ample Time To Kill
- Director Chandru Ropes In Rachita Ram For Kanaka
- Maasthi Gudi Distribution Rights Sold For A Record Price
- Duniya Vijay And Chandru Team Up For Kanaka
- Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce Debars Duniya Vijay & Other Crew Members Post Maasthi Gudi Mishap
- Kannada Actors Anil Kumar & Raghav Uday Feared Dead?
Title controversies are high these days. Every new day we get to see a movie project getting embroiled in troubles regarding their titles. Sometimes producers claim foul over similar sounding title. Other times it is the citizen groups raising objection over certain title. Duniya Vijay's upcoming movie Shankaracharya is the latest one to get in trouble.
Akhila Karnataka Brahmana Maha Sabha and the Sringeri Mutt have raised objection against the title of the movie. Sringeri Mutt is one of four maha peetas established by Jagadguru Shankaracharya. The Mutt and the Brahmana Sabha claim that naming the movie as Shankaracharya will hurt the sentiments of the people who follow his teaching.
They have filed a complaint with the Karnataka Film Chambers and Commerce. In their complaint, the two parties have asked KFCC to cancel the title. KFCC president HD Gangaraju has promised to talk to all parties and resolve the issue amicably. The movie starring Duniya Vijay will be directed by Shahuraj Shinde.
Recently Sudeep's Ranna got into trouble with people in Mudhol town in Bagalkot raising objection regarding the title of the movie. Another movie of Sudeep's titled Leader was in news when a similar sounding name was given to Shivaraj Kumar's new movie. While we all can sit and ask why producers choose such titles, one has to ask KFCC what they are doing while giving title rights?