- Sudeep Will Shoot 130 Days Non-stop For Hebbuli!
- Rocking Star Yash Turns 30; Masterpiece Star Celebrates Bday With Fans !
- Sudeep Needs A Trim For Gajakesari Krishna's Hebbuli!
- Why Yash Will Be The Top Star Of Sandalwood?
- Yash Mobbed In US After The Special Screening Of Gajakesari
- Harshika Poonacha Bowled Over By Yash's Gajakesari
- Yash's Gajakesari To Release In Sydney
- Yash's Gajakesari First Weekend Collection At Box Office
- Gajakesari - Movie Review
- Gajakesari - Movie Preview
- Kochadaiyaan, Manam Will Not Be A Threat For Gajakesari: Yash
- Stage Set For Rocking Star Yash's Gajakesari Release
Tamil Superstar Rajinikanth's multilingual movie Kochadaiyaan and Telugu film Manam, which were considered to be the biggest threat for Kannada movie Gajakesari, have failed to do the expected business at Bangalore Box Office. Gajakesari starring Rocking Star Yash was released on May 23rd by clashing its release date with Kochadaiyaan and Manam.
Both Kochadaiyaan and Manam have failed to do the expected collection at Bangalore Box Office, which is considered as the second biggest market for Tamil and Telugu movies. If sources from Gandhinagara are to be believed then compared to Kochadaiyaan, Manam has done a decent business at Bangalore, as it was the last film of Telugu's matinee idol Akkineni Nageswara Rao. They also added that there was a huge turnout of crowd for Kannada movie Gajakesari, when compared to Manam and Kochadaiyaan.
Be it a single screen or multiplex, Gajakesari was reportedly the most sought after movie by the cine-goers, since the lead actor is the most happening star in Sandalwood. Getting released in more than 180 screens, Gajakesari has done a wonderful business, by breaking all the previous records of early Kannada movies. The film, which features Golden Queen Amoolya as the female lead is the directorial debut of cinematographer Krishna. Continue reading the story on slide show...
In the first weekend, Kannada movie Gajakesari had approximately grossed Rs 5.5 crore at Karnataka Box Office alone.
Mixed Reviews Affects Kochadaiyaan
Kochadaiyaan, which was opened for the mixed reviews from the critics, was not successful in doing the expected business at Bangalore.
Plus Point For Manam
As Manam was the last film of Tollywood's versatile actor late Akkineni Nageswara Rao, it was successful in attracting the huge crowd in Bangalore.
Complete Family Entertainer And Positive Reviews
Manam was also declared as the perfect family entertainer and opened for positive reviews, which benefited in doing good business.
Yash Is The Winner
Yash is the winner. Though his movie was clashed with two big and much anticipated movies, Gajakesari has done a wonderful business at Bangalore Box Office.