- Asianet Film Awards 2018 Photos: Mammootty, Kamal Haasan, Dulquer Salmaan & Others Attend The Event!
- Dulquer Salmaan Receives The Asianet Film Award From Kamal Haasan!
- Richa Chadda Defends Saroj Khan's Casting Couch Statement, Kamal Haasan Hits Out Against Her
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi: We Were Siblings But Were Made To Do Romantic Things
- UNBELIEVABLE! Sridevi's Confession About Getting Paid More Than Rajinikanth For The Same Film
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi's Sudden Demise: 'Sadma's Lullaby Haunts Me Now'
Legendary and versatile actor Kamal Haasan is all set to don the role of Mysore Tiger Tippu Sultan. The actor is busy with the completion of this three movies Uttama Villain, Vishwaroopam 2 and Paapanasham. All three movies are in post production stage. Uttama Villain has been directed by Sandalwood actor Ramesh Aravind.
The actor recently turned 60, but he is showing no signs of stopping even at this age. There was no official confirmation before, regarding Kamal Haasan acting as Tippu Sultan. However, the producer of the movie Gokulam Goplan has now confirmed that the versatile actor will indeed be acting in the movie based on Tippu Sultan.
The grapevine is that Actress Sridevi will be paired opposite to Kamal Haasan in this movie, which will be directed by Vayalar Madhavan Kutty. The reports claim that the movie is about Tippu Sultan's love story. Interestingly, the movie will be made in Malayalam. The movie crew has already scouted the locations in Australia and New Zealand. This will be a big budget movie and the rest of the casting is yet to be finalized.
After Hey Ram, this will be next periodical movie by Kamal Haasan. In 1997, he had started to make a multilingual periodical movie on 18th century warrior Mohammad Afzal Khan. But the movie ran into financial trouble and had to be shelved. Hopefully, with this movie the actor will be able to make another periodical which will portray the great ruler of Mysore Kingdom. It is not known if the movie will be made in Kannada simultaneously since it is the story of a ruler who ruled in Mysore Kingdom.