TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies
Many celebrities in India wish to celebrate New Year abroad. But here is a person, who is well-known face in South Indian movies and Bollywood films celebrating New Year in the small village. Yes, it is none other than actor-director-dance choreographer Prabhu Deva.
Prabhu Deva celebrated New Year with the school kids in Doora village, which is near to Mysore city. On January 1, 2014, Prabhu Deva visited the village with his mother Mahadevamma, and his two children - Kishan and Devanand.
It is reported that Prabhu Deva distributed Mysore Pak, which is the famous sweet in Karnataka, and began New Year by cutting the cake. The actor spent time with the students of Mahadeshwara Educational Institution for 30 minutes and reminisced his school days.
Prior to the school visit, Prabhu Deva visited Mahadeshwara and Ganapathi temple, which is the famous temple in the village. Prabhu Deva's mother Mahadevamma hails from Doora village, which is 17 kms drive from Mysore city. Prabhu Deva, who owns property in the village, often visits the place. It is also said that Doora is Prabhu Deva's favourite place, where he has developed a farm.