- WOW! Dr. Rajkumar's Grandson, Dheeren Ramkumar To Make His Sandalwood Debut Soon!
- International Yoga Day Special - Dr. Rajkumar's Affection To Yoga
- A Photo From The Audio Launch Of The Movie 'Om' Goes Viral
- Why Did Dr. Rajkumar Apologise To S. P. Balasubrahmanyam?
- Thoogudeepa Srinivas' Gratitude Towards Rajkumar's Family
- Varadappa, Dr. Rajkumar And Parvatamma Rajkumar Died On A Wednesday!
When the Kannada film industry is busy gearing up for the big day, November 29th, when the Dr Rajkumar Memorial will be inaugurated, an incident has come as a shocker to the industry. On Thursday (Nov 13th) morning, the film industry and the fans of Dr Rajkumar came to know that the statue of the late Superstar was disfigured by some miscreants on Wednesday (Nov 12th) night.
The statue placed at Bangarappa Layout near Rajarajeshwari Nagar was set up on Wednesday (Nov 12th) and was supposed to be inaugurated on Nov 23rd. There was no opposition regarding the placing of the statue and the land allotted for the statue was free from issues regarding ownership. Therefore even the concerned authorities couldn't come up with a relevant reason for this incident.
The statue was burnt using kerosene and paper. The police has taken suo-moto cognizance of the incident and has filed an FIR in the Rajarajeshwari Police Station. Bengaluru City Commissioner MN Reddi has promised a thorough investigation into the incident. The Commissioner added that they suspect a group which had earlier tried to construct a temple on the same land.
Meanwhile, the City is gripped with tension due to the this shocking incident. More than 50 policemen have been deployed in the area around the statue to avoid any untoward incident. Fans of Dr Rajkumar are agitated due to this incident and calling for a Bangalore Bandh to protest against it. What is the motive behind disfiguring Dr Rajkumar's statue? Perhaps the Police will give us the answer soon.