- 'Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu' Teaser Talk: A Bold Attempt By Sumana Kittur!
- 'I Play The Hero In Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu': Shwetha Srivastav
- Sankranti Special: Wishes From Priyanka Upendra, Amulya, Shwetha Srivastava & More (Video)
- Dasara Special: First Look Posters 'Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu'
- 62nd Britannia Filmfare Awards South: Kannada Winners List
- Shwetha Srivastav To Direct Movies
Kannada movie Fair & Lovely starring Lovely star Prem Kumar and Swetha Srivastav is all set for release on October 24th. In the movie, Shwetha Srivastav of Simple Aagi Ondhu Love Story fame, will be seen playing the role of a sex worker.
The actress shot to fame with her debut movie where she played the role of a girl next door. After the success of the movie, the actress got many offers with similar roles. The actress was however, not interested in repeating herself in girl next door image.
When the director of the movie Raghuram gave her the script, she was very impressed with it. At the same time, the actress was quite apprehensive about portraying such a bold character on the silver screen. This kind of character has been portrayed by some of the most accomplished actresses such as Tabu, Rani Mukherjee, Shabana Azmi and others. The actress drew her inspiration from these great actresses to portray the role in Fair & Lovely.
The movie is based on real life incidents and the script has been written by Yathi Raj. The director feels that he has done his best to bring the story with all sincerity on the big screen. The actress believes that this role will give her the opportunity to portray more interesting roles in future instead of being type-casted as girl next door.
With only a few days left for release, people will soon decide how good the actress has performed in her new role.