- Sudeep Joins The Shoot Of Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, Praises Chiranjeevi
- The Villain: The Teasers Of Sudeep And Shivarajkumar's Film Are Terrific
- Mohanlal's Neerali: Is Sudeep A Part Of The Movie?
- Raju Kannada Medium Review: A Feel Good Movie
- AMAZING! This Is How Kichcha Sudeep Is Preparing For His Role As A Boxer In PHAILWAN!
- Here Are 7 Reasons Why We Think Prem's The Villain Is A Must Watch!
Sandalwood superstar Kichcha Sudeep has a thousands of admirers in the state. However, there are many who severely criticize him for making remake of Tamil and Telugu movies. The trend of making remake movies is not new. Over several years, Kannada film industry has churned out big budget remake movies.
In 2014 alone, dozens of remake movies has been made. Apart from Srimurali starrer Ugramm and Yash starrer Gajakesari, all the successful movies at the box office are remakes of Tamil, Telugu or Malayalam movies. Among these is Sudeep's Maanikya. Sudeep directed this movie apart from acting in it. The movie became the highest grosser of all times in Kannada film industry.
Speaking in an interview to a private channel, the actor acknowledged that he is seen mostly in remake movies. The actor said that almost all the remake movies he made was to help the producers who were in financial trouble. He added that it is not a selfish motive which drives him to make remakes.
Sudeep also added that many producers have put their trust on him. He wanted to make sure they get rewarded for their hard work. Investing on a concept that is new and not tested may incur huge loss for the producers. On some occasions the actor has also acted in remake movies just to help the career of other actors. Through Varadandanayaka, Sudeep lifted the career of Chiranjeevi Sarja.
Sudeep added that he is pained that people blame him for promoting remake movies. The actor added that making remake was only a way to help the people who work in the film industry.