- Mohanlal's Neerali: Is Sudeep A Part Of The Movie?
- Raju Kannada Medium Review: A Feel Good Movie
- AMAZING! This Is How Kichcha Sudeep Is Preparing For His Role As A Boxer In PHAILWAN!
- Here Are 7 Reasons Why We Think Prem's The Villain Is A Must Watch!
- JUST IN! Will Sudeep Act In Vikram Vedha Remake?
- Sandalwood Movies Are Making Noise On YouTube; Teasers & Trailers Scoop The Top Trending Positions!
It is a trend to see big movies landing itself in some or the other controversies. One may say that these controversies help the movies to get more publicity. The latest movie to finds itself in trouble is Sudeep starrer Ranna. The movie, which is a remake of Telugu hit Attarintiki Daredi, has found itself in title controversy.
People in the Mudhol town of Bagalkot held a demonstration demanding the withdrawal of the title Ranna from the movie. Mudhol town is the home town of legendary Kannada poet 'Kavichakravarthi Ranna'. Ranna is considered as one of the greatest poet in the Kannada history along with Adikavi Pampa and Sri Ponna.
Leading the protest, Siddanna, the President of Sahitya Parishat said, " We are protesting against the naming of the movie Ranna. He is one of the greatest poets in the Kannada literature. One cannot simple use his name as a movie title. We demand that the producer immediately withdraw the title of the movie."
Speaking on the release of the motion poster of Ranna, the director Nandakishore has said, "While Ranna signifies the great Kannada poet, it also used in calling our loved ones with affection. I am very close to my guru and thus I have give the title of the movie as Ranna in his honor." The director says that the movie title is not to defame the poet either.
It remains to be seen if the protesters accept the clarification given by the director.