- Kannada Stars Support Deepika Padukone's Padmavati! Lash Out Against Goons Threatening To Hurt Her
- Happy News For Upendra's Fans! SHHH! Film To Re-release After 24 Long Years!
- Upendra's Birthday Gift: Trailer Of Upendra Matte Baa Released; Have You Watched It Yet?
- BIRTHDAYS GALORE: Three Sandalwood Stars Are Celebrating Their Birthdays Today, September 18!
- UPENDRA BIRTHDAY SPECIAL! 7 Films That Changed The Face Of Kannada Film Industry!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY UPENDRA: Special Gift Ready For The Real Star On His Birthday!
Real star Upendra has always stood out from the crowd in the film industry. His movies are known to have a distinctive style and is always a trend setter. His upcoming movie was earlier titled as Basavanna. The movie courted controversy with a large section of the society raising voice against the title opted for the movie.
The controversy went all the way from the street to the Vidhan Soudha, where former Chief Minister and prominent Lingayat leader B.S. Yediyurappa raised the objection over the title of the movie. Basavanna was 10th century social reformer and philosopher, who has a very large following in Karnataka.
Due to stiff opposition of by the community, the director of the movie, Srinivas Raju, took a bizarre step by removing the name Basavanna from the title and just retaining the symbol. The director claimed that the movie will henceforth be identified by the symbol and not the name. The symbol consisting of Viboothi, Trishula and Tilak created a huge confusion among the fans. Some called the movie Naama, some called it Trinetra.
After all the confusion surrounding the movie name, the movie crew has come to a sensible conclusion that the name of the movie will be Shivam. With such violent portrayal by Upendra in the movie, it remains to be seen if the followers of Lord Shiva, raise voice against this title. We have to wait and see what other controversy the movie will court before it is released in the theatres.