- Kannada Stars Support Deepika Padukone's Padmavati! Lash Out Against Goons Threatening To Hurt Her
- Happy News For Upendra's Fans! SHHH! Film To Re-release After 24 Long Years!
- Upendra's Birthday Gift: Trailer Of Upendra Matte Baa Released; Have You Watched It Yet?
- BIRTHDAYS GALORE: Three Sandalwood Stars Are Celebrating Their Birthdays Today, September 18!
- UPENDRA BIRTHDAY SPECIAL! 7 Films That Changed The Face Of Kannada Film Industry!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY UPENDRA: Special Gift Ready For The Real Star On His Birthday!
Real star Upendra is known to make movies that stand out in the film industry for being different and new. An important part of his movies is his appearance in it. The actor manages to pull off a new look in almost all movies that he work in. His next movie, which was previously titled Basavanna, will see the actor sporting the bald look for the first time.
The movie courted controversy due to the title. The Lingayat community in the state objected the title of the movie. Basavanna was social reformer and his followers form the Lingayat community in the state. The director of the movie removed the title of the movie and is now using the symbol as the title. The symbol represents Nandi or Basavanna.
While talking to a leading daily, the director of the movie, Srinivas Raju, said that it took 6 hours for Uppi to have the bald look. Initially the actor was ready to go bald for the role. However, since he was working on other movies simultaneously, it was not possible for the actor to shave his head. The film makers decided to use make up instead to give him a bald look.
The director added that it took 4 hours to put on the make up and another 2 hours to remove. The make up made it very uncomfortable for the actor to act due to heat and sweat. But the Real star, being a consummate professional, worked hard in spite of all hardship. Interestingly, Upendra's bald look will have only 40 minutes of screen time. Kudos to the actor for doping just a commendable job.