- Director Chandru Ropes In Rachita Ram For Kanaka
- Maasthi Gudi Distribution Rights Sold For A Record Price
- Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce Debars Duniya Vijay & Other Crew Members Post Maasthi Gudi Mishap
- Kannada Actors Anil Kumar & Raghav Uday Feared Dead?
- Duniya Vijay's Maasthi Gudi Inching Towards Completion
- Duniya Vijay's Dana Kayonu Gearing Up For Dasara Release
There was no news about R Chandru's camp since his last film Lakshmana, released in April. Chandru was supposed to work with Anup Revanna and Shivanna but both the projects didn't take off for the reasons only known to Chandru.
Chandru is back with a new film titled Kanaka - Annavara Abhimani. Even though this film was announced a few weeks ago, Chandru didn't reveal the name of the hero. But he maintained that a top star will play the lead role.
Now there are reports confirming that Duniya Vijay will be playing the lead role in this action entertainer. Also director Chandru confirmed the news and said that this was an old commitment with the star.
As we are aware, Duniya Vijay has been barred from participating in any film activity by Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce after the Maastigudi mishap. This has led to halt the of work for as many as four films which had Duniya Vijay in lead role.
We hear that Chandru requested KFCC to exempt Vijay from this order as his film was an old commitment but KFCC has refused to make any changes to their initial order.
Taj Mahal, Chandru's first film was launched on December 14, nine years ago and he will be starting the work on Kanaka from the same day. Popular Singer Naveen Sajju is composing the music for the film.
So Chandru will start the pre-production work as of now, and start shooting for the film once the suspension has been revoked from KFCC. As part of this, Chandru will start with the song recording for the film from today.