- WHOA! Ambareesh As Bheeshma & Srinath As Dhritarashtra; Take A Look At Exclusive Pics!
- Challenging Star Darshan Is Reportedly Vexed On The Team Of Kurukshetra
- Darshan Charges A Record-setting Remuneration For Kurukshetra
- Photos: Last Respect To CR Simha At Ravindra Kalakshetra
- Sandalwood Mourns The Death Of CR Simha
- Veteran Actor CR Simha Passes Away
Suli, which has veteran actor Srinath playing the lead, is a special movie for Sandalwood, for seldom would you find a Kannada movie that revolves around a 71-year-old man.
Yes, Srinath is playing his age in the film, which according to its director PH Vishwanath, is a simple story of a family man. Also, the Hrudayavantha actor will be seen playing a muslim for the first time in his career.
"Srinath plays a Muslim man for the first time in his career. He plays a simple family man living in a remote village, surrounded by people from different religious backgrounds," Vishwanath has revealed, according to a report from Times of India.
Produced by his wife Geetha Srinath, the film will portray the actor with a grey beard.
"I was in the US for two months, during which the director and producers chalked out the schedule for this film. We had planned to shoot from October last year, and they had requested that I let my beard grow while I was abroad. But since I had other commitments, I stopped shaving only a week before I got to Bengaluru.
They took one look at me and quietly said that since the locations were not finalized yet, they would be shooting only from the last week of October. It was only after we started shooting that I found out that the actual reason behind the delayed shoot was that they were letting my beard grow out to a certain length, to add authenticity to my character," Srinath has said.