TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
The KCA awards for the year 2009-10 have been revoked following the orders from High Court of Karnataka. Among those revoked was Puneeth Rajkumar starrer Raj - The Showman, which had got 4 awards, all of which have been revoked and withdrawn.
This judgement comes as a result of a writ-petition filed in The High Court by SRadha as applications for awards were still received even after the deadline.
The awards that were revoked were for 'The Best Music Director' for V Harikrishna, 'Best Editing Work' for Srinivas Babu, 'Best Playback Singer' for Tippu. Apart from that, 'Best Story Writer' for Nagathihalli Chandrashekar for the film Olave Jeevana Lekkachara was also revoked.
Along with revoking the awards, the certificates, award trophy and the cash prize have all been withdrawn from the winners. Since singer Tippu has lost his certificate of award, his trophy and cash prize were withdrawn.