TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
There have been several reports of the Challenging Star Darshan being roped in for the magnum opus Kurukshetra to be directed by Naganna. The MLA and president of the Producers Association, Munirathna will be producing the big-budget flick.
Even though Darshan or his associates have not confirmed the development, we hear that Darshan was in Ramoji Film City last week for the test shoot of the film. Makers revealed that major portions of the film will be shot in Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad.
As this is a periodic drama, the makers need time to get the costumes ready for the artists. Along with the test shoot, measurements of Darshan was taken for the costumes, as he will be flying abroad in a week for the shoot of his next film Tarak.
Art Director Kiran has been entrusted with the responsibility of huge sets. Kiran, along with his team, has begun the preparations for sets in Hyderabad. Interestingly, Baahubali, which released recently, was also shot in the same location of the Ramoji Film City.
Munirathna thought of roping in top stars of sandalwood namely Shivanna, Darshan, Sudeep and Yash for the major roles of this film, which is based on Mahabharatha. However, due to reasons better known to the makers, only Darshan was confirmed for the film.
The latest reports have suggested that Ambarish, Ravichandran and Jaggesh have been approached to play a few important roles. However, Jaggesh has refuted the reports and confirmed that he will not be a part of the film.
The makers are also contemplating to rope in the stars from other southern industries, as they intend to make the film simultaneously in multiple languages. The film is scheduled to be launched on producer Munirathna's birthday, July 23rd.