- IN PICS: How Does V. Ravichandran Look Without His Moustache? Take A Look!
- JUST IN! A. M. R. Ramesh To Make A Movie On Gauri Lankesh's Death!
- EMPTY FRIDAY! No Kannada Film Release On This Weekend, September 22; Here Are The Reasons!
- BIRTHDAYS GALORE: Three Sandalwood Stars Are Celebrating Their Birthdays Today, September 18!
- Sandalwood Movies Are Making Noise On YouTube; Teasers & Trailers Scoop The Top Trending Positions!
- GOSH! Check Out These Super Luxurious Residences Of Sandalwood Star Actors In Bengaluru!
Kannada cinemas have never been taken seriously by multiplexes in Karnataka. Films of our state have constantly been shown disregard and brushed aside when it comes to films of other languages. This causes the producers and film makers to suffer, resulting in lesser number of films from Sandalwood.
Why this injustice? Why should Kannada films suffer over other movies, right here in our land? Why are nobody bothered about getting a solution to that problem? There is no point in asking multiplexes since they have been constantly shrugging the whole scenario as if nothing has happened.
Why are we talking about this? Well, again, a few Kannada cinemas have been kicked out of multiplexes to make way for movies of other languages. These two Kannada films are the last week releases, Hombanna and Katha Vichitra.
Despite getting good responses from the audience, multiplexes in Bengaluru are having second thoughts of letting these films continue for one more week. Most of them have kicked these two films out of all their screens after just one week.
The film teams of Hombanna and Katha Vichitra have approached the multiplex owners and have had conversations with them regarding this matter. The outcome of the meeting? Nothing. Multiplex owners have refused to budge.
Want to know another saddening situation? Both the films were family entertainers, yet, were refused to be given prime time slots for the display in multiplexes. Firstly, they give just one week's time for small time Kannada movies. Secondly, they do not give prime time slots, even if it is just for a week.
Last week, seven movies were released simultaneously. Most of the movies in those seven might have been kicked out of the multiplexes by now. With attitude like this from multiplexes, Kannada films have nowhere to go and nothing to depend on. We wish this sorts out soon enough so that nobody has to undergo losses.