- Memorable Dialogues Of Kashinath
- Celebrities Mourn Kashinath's Demise!
- RIP Kashinath! The First Trendsetter Of Kannada Cinema
- Kumar Govind To Re-release 'Shh' For Upendra's Birthday!
- 10 Best Sandalwood Actor-Directors
- Kashinath To Make His Hollywood Debut!
- When Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla Turned Down Kashinath's Anubhav
- Kashinath's Anubhava Will Be Re-Released On Nov 29
- Kashinath Joins Twitter
- Exclusive Interview: Upendra Talks About Uppi 2
- Kashinath wants his son to fight for Kannada films
- "12 AM deals with Nyctophobia," says Karthik
Popular Kannada actor-director Kashinath, who has directed 14 films and acted in over 45 films, passed away this morning (January 18, 2018). Reportedly, the actor breathed his last at a private hospital in Bangalore. According to the reports, the actor-director was admitted to the hospital 2 days ago. He is survived by his wife, son and daughter.
The actor-director did make some vital contributions to the Kannada film industry in a career spanning over three decades, through his superhit films. Kashinath also introduced some of the prominent talents of the Kannada film industry. Popular actor-director Upendra, writer-director Sunil Kumar Desai, Manohar etc., were introduced to the industry by Kashinath.
Kashinath stepped into the industry with the movie Aparapoodu Aththithigalu, which was his debut directorial venture. The movie had hit the theatres in the year 1976.
As An Actor
Kashinath made his debut as a lead actor with the movie Anubhava, which had released in the year 1984. The movie, which was directed by Kashinath himself also featured Abhinaya and Umasree in the lead roles. The film was a box office success and even got a re-release in the year 2013.
In Hindi Film Industry
Kashinath also went on to make a mark in the Hindi film industry, as well. He went on to direct Be Shaque and Anubhav, which were the Hindi remakes of his Kannada movies Aparachita and Anubhava respectively.
Kashinath was last seen in the most recently released film Chowka, which starred Prem Kumar and Vijay Raghavendra in the lead roles. Kashinath had played a character named Viswanath in the movie.