TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is What The Supreme Court Had To Say About The Rafale Deal — 12 Points
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 1 — Live Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Old Debit/ATM/Credit Cards To Become Invalid From 31 December
- Delivery Boy Eats Food Before Delivering It [Video]
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
The veteran actor and former Union minister Ambareesh passed away on Saturday(November 24, 2018) at a private hospital and this left his fans in a state of shock. After the sad demise, his fans demanded that he be laid to rest in his native Mandya while his family members insisted on the funeral taking place in Bengarulu. Amidst all this controversy, the Karnataka CM and JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy made it clear that the funeral would take place on November 26, 2018 in Bengaluru with state honours.
Thereafter, the body was taken Mandya and fans were allowed to pay their last respects to the 'Rebel Star'. Now, the latest update is that some people from Mandya are unhappy with the actress-turned-politician Ramya for not coming to Mandya to honour Ambi.
Interestingly, Ramya had tweeted her condolences to Ambi's family after his death. However, most people in Mandya feel that merely sending out a tweet is not enough.
In case you did not know, Ramya is a former MP from Mandya. She had entered the Parliament in 2013 by winning a bypoll. In the 2014 General Elections, she had contested from the same constituency again but lost.
Regardless of this controversy, Ambareesh's death is a big blow for Kannada cinema and we hope that his family members stay strong in this difficult time.