TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
As far as the fans of Kannada cinema are concerned, Shivarajkumar is a name that is well and truly synonymous with greatness. Fondly referred to as the 'Simple Ruling King', the superstar enjoys an enviable fan following because of his mesmerising screen presence, intense looks and remarkable versatility as a performer. During his eventful career, the 'Hattrick Hero' has starred in several iconic films and this has established him as the heart and soul of the Kannada film industry. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest big release, The Villain.
The Prem directorial hit the theatres on October 18, 2018, and opened to a thunderous response at the box office. Eleven days after its release, the film is still the undisputed king of the box office. Here is the latest box office report.
Day 11 BO Collections
According to the latest trade estimates, The Villain did reasonably well on Day 11 (October 28, 2018) and collected nearly Rs 2.80 Crore at the Karnataka box office. The general feeling is that this is a good total considering the fact The Villain is in its second week.
The Villain Mania Runs Wild
The Villain seems to have done well at the Worldwide box office as well. It collected nearly Rs 3 Crore on Sunday and this took its grand total to Rs 90 Crore. Needless to say, this is an impressive feat.
The Coming Days Are Crucial
It's no secret that The Villain is one of the biggest and most ambitious Kannada films in the recent times. In Week 1, it released across 500 screens in Karnataka alone and this was a record of sorts. Moreover, the film has been shot against a budget of Rs 60 Crore. As such, the stakes are high and the next few days are crucial.
The Villain has clicked big time with Sudeep's fans. However, it has left Shivanna fans a bit disappointed, as they feel that their hero has been given lesser importance when compared to Deepanna. As such, the WOM is quite mixed. If the film is able to overcome the mixed WOM, it is likely to continue its reign at the box office.