- CUT TO 1989: When Mammootty, Mohanlal & Adoor Gopalakrishnan Brought Laurels To The State!
- SHOCKING! Adoor Gopalakrishnan Isn’t Impressed With Baahubali!
- Adoor Gopalakrishnan Bags JC Daniel Award
- Why Dileep-Kavya Madhavan's Pinneyum Failed To Impress Kerala State Film Awards Jury?
- JUST IN! Dileep And Kavya Madhavan All Set For Their First Public Appearance After Marriage!
- From Madhu To Dileep! Mainstream Heroes Who Have Acted in Adoor Gopalakrishnan Films!
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, November 02, 2007
Malayalam film director Adoor Gopalakrishnan, back in business after five years with Nallu Pennungal from today all over Kerala. The Dada Saheb Phalke Award winner said the movie was screened at the Toronto and London film festivals and won good reviews from critics.
The director says, "Set in the 60s, the film tells the tale of four women, each coming from a different social stratum. It was quite a difficult task to weave a film story linking these four different women because the characters were taken from four short stories of the great writer Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai..."
'The period of the 60s had to be recreated without leaving out anything. Since I do my films after a lot of research, I think I have done a remarkable job,' said Adoor. The film, has been co-produced by Adoor and Martin of Emil&Eric Digital Pictures.