TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Monday, July 30, 2007
When producer/actor Prakashraj announced his plans to remake the Malayalam blockbuster Udayanaanu Thaaram in Tamil, there were some things he didn't have any second thoughts about.
Prithviraj was going to play Mohanlal's role. Prakashraj was keen on playing the role that Shrinivasan did. Problem was with finding a heroine.
Prakashraj had initially selected Trisha for the role. But soon she announced that she wasn't interested. Now, nobody knows why she walked out. We don't know if she was removed because the filmmakers were not comfortable about the problems with her fan-clubs. Maybe she didn't want to play the role of an over-the-hill actress who ends up falling in love with a rookie director.
But now, Gopika has stepped in to play the role.
The film's shooting will begin soon.