TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, July 06, 2007
The Kerala Government has appealed against the acquittal of ace comedian jagathy sreekumar in the High Court. Jagathy was accused in the Vithura rape case in 1996. According to the case against him, he was involved in the rape of a minor. Along with him, there are several other people involved in the case.
The Government claims that the star was acquitted because the Court gave him the benefit of the doubt. The government says that the victim's deposition should have been given importance while taking the judgment into consideration, they say. They also say that the lower courts judgment contradicts the previous similar other judgments which have been meted out by the Supreme Court.
Sreekumar is one of the stars of Malayalam Cinema. He has acted in 1100 movies so far - an impressive number even for a veteran. He has been a part of the industry for 30 years.