TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Monday, July 30, 2007
A long time ago, when Jyothika ran into trouble with the Tamil filmmakers, she was slapped with a ban from acting in Kollywood. It is a different story that the ban didn't last for long.
But, during the short break, she accepted an offer to act in a Malayalam film. The film was with Jayaram, named Seethakalyanam. Revathy Kalamandir was the producer.
Even before she could complete the film, two things happened- the ban against her in Tamil was removed because she had resolved her dispute with the film producer and, the production company Kalamandir ran into financial troubles.
So, she became busy with her Tamil offers again and she couldn't return to complete Seethakalyanam continued to get delayed.
Finally, she completed the film only when Malayalam film industry threatened to ban her (it's not as if she was a busy actress in Malayalam and that her career was going to drastically suffer). But, even after the film got completed, there were lots of financial hassles that it kept running into.
Now, after about 3 years of delays, the film is going to be finally released next month.