TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Friday, February 02, 2007
Once upon a time, hit films in Hindi used to be remade in Malayalam. The trend was completely reversed when Priyadarshan switched his attention to Hindi. Of course, there were some allegations of plagiarism against the director. But, that hasn't stopped him from making a name for himself as a successful director at the box office in Bollywood. Kilukkam, Thaalavattam, Godfather and Ramjirao Speaking were some of the Malayalam superhits that were remade in Hindi.
Around last year, Priyadarshan came up with a superhit film in Hindi named Maalamaal Weekly. Paresh Rawal, Rajpal Yadav and Reema Sen had played the lead roles. It was a very low-budget film but it managed to outperform many of the big budget flicks that were released that year.
The film is now going to be remade in Malayalam. Viji Thambi is the director. Actor Jagadeesh returns as scriptwriter. Shrinivasan, Jagadi, Nedumudi Venu and others are going to star in the film.