TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Malayalam megastar Mammootty will play the lead role in an English movie based made on a biography of the late legendary politician VK Krishna Menon. Shashi Tharoor, the former under-secretary general of UN, is writing the script. The movie would be made in the cost of Rs. 80 million. A former diplomat of India, TP Srinivasan, will co write the script with Shashi Tharoor.
The film will be Mammootty's third English film after Ambedkar and The Late Night Beggar (for which he is shooting). The films writer, Shashi Tharoor said, "I am not the only one who would be writing the script. Another team of writers will be researching upon the great politicians life. The script is scheduled to be ready before the end of September.
He added, "Once the script is ready, the shooting will begin. The postproduction work will be done following the films completion of shooting. It has been delayed due to various reasons. Hopefully the project will take off next month."
The film will also have veterans like Naseeruddin Shah and R Sarath acting in and directing the film respectively. The film will coincide with the 50th anniversary of the speech that he gave when he spoke about the Kashmir issue to the UN General Assembly.