TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
On the 18th of March, director Hariharan, MT Vasudevan and Mammooty will launch the new film named Pazhassiraaja. The film is about the hitherto lesser-known freedom fighter who lived in Kerala. The first freedom fight began in 1857 but Pazhassiraaja began his fight against the colonial rulers more than 52 years before the battle began. All the other kingdoms fell to the British conquerors. But Pazhassiraaja remained ferociously independent. He fought the war with an army of farmers against the British and their guns.
How did they choose Mammooty for the role?
"He has the features, age, the physique and the skills to play the role," says Hariharan, the film's director. Padhmapriya and Sneha are the heroines. While Sneha is Mammooty's wife in the film, Padhmapriya plays the role of the tribal girl who assists Pazhassiraja in the war. Most of the research and information was gathered from historical records. The film's shooting begins in April this year.