TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
By: Sunil Noronha
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Mammotty will take his best avatar yet – that of Sree Narayana Guru aka Gurudeva – in Yugapurushan. What is surprising is that the actor humbly told the director and the producer of the film that he wouldn"t be the right choice for the role but they somehow convinced him that he would be able to carry it off. So, he sided with their decision. The icon was a symbol of anti casteism, freedom and social equality. He aimed at transforming society with the motto one caste, one religion, one god for mankind.
The veteran said that he would only be happy if the film would turn out to be a success. The film will be directed by R Sukumaran and produced by AV Anoop. The film was being planned by the producer director duo for two years now. Divulging a few details about the flick, he said that he will be playing the icon between the ages of 30 and 73. The film will describe the leaders meetings with greats of his time like Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore and Swami Vivekanada.
What will be a surprise in the film will be that he will act with Mohanlal who will be playing Vivekananda in the film. This will the first time that the two will be appearing side by side in a movie since 1996. But Mammotty insists that it is not a surprise for Malayalam film fans to see both the superstars together in the screen because the other Amma project that they were to share screen on will most probably be over before Yugapurushan.