TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
This is the third time that the Malayalam hit film Manichitrathaaz is going to be remade. First it was remade in Kannada, then in Tamil and now it will be remade in Hindi. The film's story, screenplay and dialogue writer Madhu Muttom had been fighting a constant battle against the producers and directors of the various versions for them to acknowledge his copyrights. Recently, the court had ruled in his favor that he did have a say in the film's rights. But the producers and directors still refuse to abide by the court's ruling.
The producer and director claim that the writer had lost the copyright as soon as he received the pay and that the rights were with the producer alone. Muttom claims that money is not the reason behind his constant fights. He says that he wants the filmmakers to acknowledge him as the story and screenplay writer. Muttom had sent legal notice to Priyadarshan and T-Series, the company that is going to produce the film. There haven't been any replies yet. He is now getting ready to seek the court's intervention.